Monday, May 19, 2008

"FOR DAD"

a silence so loud it hurts your ears
surfacing from the deepest of fears
through all the pain there remains yet a peace
and though i understand
the tears will not cease
to have known such a love
that makes your life whole
makes a mark on your heart
and takes hold of your soul
but nothing is dead
and nothing is gone
for you are not forgotten
so i'm not alone
the mem'ries i carry
shine like rain in the sun
your pain is all gone
a new journey's begun...
so as they tell us
(and i hope they are right)
i will try to be patient
till we do reunite
so learn your wings well
for when it's my time
maybe you'll be the one
to teach me to use mine

-donna beckery
081503

1 comment:

BECKERY said...

I wrote this poem for my dad a month after his passing. He was one of the best friends I've ever had. Though he is missed dearly he will live forever in our hearts.